Male cats show this kind of behavior when they find or notice something new in the house or their territory.
- Presence of other intact animal in house.
- Presence of previous territory markings.
- By adding new furniture in your home.
- By adding new carpets in your home.
- Presence of a new person in the house.
- Window watching other cats or dogs.
- Smell of other animal on your clothing.
- Presence of anything new in house in new born babies can stimulate this behavior.
- Give treats and rewards to your cat when it is around new objects or persons in the house.
- Keep your cat away from previous territory marking areas or clean those areas with enzymatic cleaning agents.
- Avoid your cat from watching other animals through the window
Dr. Muhammad (DVM) - University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS)
DISCLAIMER: All questions have been written purely on experience-based facts and researching authentic scientific publications by a certified veterinary physician. All Rights reserved. You should always seek further advice from your own local veterinarian.