During a digestive upset, try the below tricks to make your rabbit eat:
- Try feeding your rabbit water through a syringe (preferably insulin syringe or any small syringe)
- Try feeding your rabbit grass (any readily available grass will be a good choice)
- Massage the belly of the rabbit to help get rid of gut gases which cause pain (gut gas produced due to lack of activity, dehydration or lack of fiber in diet)
- Try serving some vitamin supplement
- Try serving some electrolyte solution
- Belly massage: put your rabbit upside down and rub the belly gently in a circling motion.
- Multivitamins: you can use “Provital” multivitamins available at your local pet store or online for rabbits.
- Rehydration products: you can use “Recovery Plus for rabbits” or any other available products in market.
Dr. Muhammad (DVM) - University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS)
DISCLAIMER: All questions have been written purely on experience-based facts and researching authentic scientific publications by a certified veterinary physician. All Rights reserved. You should always seek further advice from your own local veterinarian.